24 January 2007

Introduction...

I just joined, but recognize a few faces already :-) I'm so excited to be here - it's great to find a place for unusual historical settings.

My current mss (one I'm shopping around, the other I'm working on) are set in France/England during the late eighteenth century.

I've been reading and writing for as long as I can remember and for the last 7 years have been reviewing for the Historical Novel Society and Richard III Society. As a writer, I've also completed mss in the more conventional Middle Ages, one in 1215 England and the other, a time travel, in 1483 England and France.

A published friend recommended I capitalize on my MA in French Revolution history - of course, this was before 9/11 and the ensuing problems with France etc, but as I love the period, I'm sticking with it for now and hope the story sells itself.

On the personal side, I'm married with two cats (the kid thing didn't work out for us, but cats don't go to university *g*) - we moved across the country last year, from Ottawa to the Sunshine Coast of BC (did I mention I'm in Canada?). We're living with my in-laws until our house is built - hopefully by mid-July (fingers and toes very firmly crossed).

Thanks again for having me - I'm looking forward to blogging here!

Teresa