24 January 2007

Introduction...

I just joined, but recognize a few faces already :-) I'm so excited to be here - it's great to find a place for unusual historical settings.

My current mss (one I'm shopping around, the other I'm working on) are set in France/England during the late eighteenth century.

I've been reading and writing for as long as I can remember and for the last 7 years have been reviewing for the Historical Novel Society and Richard III Society. As a writer, I've also completed mss in the more conventional Middle Ages, one in 1215 England and the other, a time travel, in 1483 England and France.

A published friend recommended I capitalize on my MA in French Revolution history - of course, this was before 9/11 and the ensuing problems with France etc, but as I love the period, I'm sticking with it for now and hope the story sells itself.

On the personal side, I'm married with two cats (the kid thing didn't work out for us, but cats don't go to university *g*) - we moved across the country last year, from Ottawa to the Sunshine Coast of BC (did I mention I'm in Canada?). We're living with my in-laws until our house is built - hopefully by mid-July (fingers and toes very firmly crossed).

Thanks again for having me - I'm looking forward to blogging here!

Teresa

9 comments:

Morag McKendrick Pippin said...

cWelcome Tess! Love the cat pictures! Hubby and I have two huge Maine Coons. If you'd like a look at mine go to my blog
http://moragmckendrickpippin.blogspot.com/ and scroll down to 29 Dec.
You'll find B.C. mild compared to Ontario:-) My mom grew up in Winnipeg and I visited many times. I grew up in Washington State and now live in Honolulu. Love the hot weather year round.

Tess said...

Wow - Maine Coones really are pretty big, aren't they! Our late cat George had a smattering of Maine in him somewhere, but he topped out at 16 pounds. Your boys look lovely :-)

Tess said...

Oh, and re the weather - I've been visiting here for years as my husband grew up out here. The milder weather, especially during winter was one of the big draws for me. I can't take the cold nearly as much as I used to.

Morag McKendrick Pippin said...

Tess,
The Princelings are strutting about, tails held high at your compliment!

Jacquie said...

Welcome to Unusual Historicals, and to the West Coast, Teresa! Are you going to the Vancouver conference in May? I can't decide if I can make it or not. Would love to go.


Jacquie

Tess said...

Morag - LOL! Give them pats for me :-)

Jacquie - Thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure about the Vancouver conference yet. We're saving many of our pennies right now for our new house. But, as I won't go to National this year.... *g*.

Anne Whitfield - author said...

Lovely to see you here, Teresa.

Bonnie Vanak said...

Hi Tess! Welcome. Great cat pictures.

Tess said...

Anne and Bonnie - thanks so much :-) I've posted new cat pics over on my main blog today *g*.