22 May 2011

Guest Blog: Kris Tualla

Today, we're welcoming historical romance author, Kris Tualla, as she celebrates A WOMAN OF CHOICE, part of her HANSEN series, set in the 1800's. A WOMAN OF CHOICE is available in print and multiple ebook formats! Here's the blurb:


"Norway is the new Scotland!" - Kris Tualla

So, what does that really mean, that Norway is the new Scotland?

It means that though a man in a kilt is a thing of beauty, there are some other really hot heroes in the world. And my big, blond, buff and beautiful Hansen men - with eyes the color of seawater and the blood of their Viking ancestors flowing through their veins - are just such heroes. Isn't it time to expand your horizons?

A Woman of Choice, a novel of the Hansen Series, follows Nicolas Hansen and his wife Sydney through three life-changing years and two continents:

A woman is viciously betrayed and abandoned by her unfaithful husband. She is rescued by a widower uninterested in love. In desperation, she becomes engaged to his best friend. One woman, three very different men. Life is about choices.

*****
"Who the Heck is Kris Tualla?" by Kris Tualla

How long have you been writing with the hopes of publication and how did you get started?

I started writing on August 1, 2006 after I read Diana Gabaldon's "Outlandish Companion." When I got to the part where she said, "The best way to learn to write a book is to write one," I turned to my husband and said, "I think I'll try writing a romance novel."

I was totally ignorant about the ins and outs of being an author, but I completed my 100,000-word first manuscript in just ten weeks. Of course the writing was crap. But after literally countless edits, rewrites and fixes, that book is now A Woman of Choice. I even received this cover quote from Diana herself: "A charming love story, gracefully told, in a fresh and engaging setting!"

What have you published and what are you working on now?

Currently available is my historical romantic trilogy: A Woman of Choice, A Prince of Norway, and A Matter of Principle. My fourth Hansen Series book, award-winning Loving the Norseman, and its sequel, Loving the Knight, will both be released in September 2011.

Now I'm now working on a trilogy of romantic crime stories with A Discreet Gentleman of Discovery. This Hansen hero is a deaf private investigator in 1720s Norway, and he is a-ma-zing. I'm planning for a 2012 release for all three of these books.

Can you describe your daily writing routine?

Sure. I get up about 9am. I do online work first: emails, blogging, etc. Then I do lunch, usually with a friend or my husband. Afterwards, I touch base back online, then I sit down to write or edit a manuscript.

I'll write for four or five hours, until around 6pm. Then comes a light supper. Writing, online work, and promotion alternate until after midnight. I'll read in bed on my Kindle - a variety of genres - until 1am or later.

Besides the new releases, is there anything coming up that you are particularly excited about?

Yes! My tag line is "Norway is the new Scotland" - and six-plus manuscripts later, I am going to Norway this summer. In 2007 my husband and I took a tour of northern Italy, and the tour guide was from Oslo. I talked to him about my books in general, and my "Prince of Norway" specifically. He gave me a thumbs-up on the plot!

Now he's leading a tour of Norway and I'll be there. In fact, he's tweaked the tour route so we can visit Hamar, one of the towns I set a story in. When the tour ends, I'll be going to the coastal town of Arendal - the ancestral home of my fictional Hansen heroes. I've connected with someone who'll give me a town tour and I'll spend the night at the town's lighthouse.

After I get back, I'll be blogging and posting photos at http://kristualla.wordpress.com/ If anyone is interested, please subscribe so you won't miss the August series!

Any last words?

I guess I would urge your readers to give someone new a try. My books are all available in print (Amazon). Ebooks (Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Smashwords) can be had for the cost of a Starbucks coffee - but they will enjoy them for a lot longer!

Readers just might agree: Norway is the new Scotland!

********

Please leave a comment to win a copy of Kris Tualla's novel in ebook format.

Kris Tualla, a dynamic award-winning author of historical romances, writes with a fast-paced and succinct style. Her plots are full of twists, passion, and very satisfying outcomes! Kris started in 2006 with nothing but a nugget of a character in mind, and has created a dynasty - The Hansen Series. Norway is the new Scotland!

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Hi Kris, I will be the first to post. Your book sound fabulous and I will have to look for it. I love reading new authors to me and do so quite often. Thanks for the chance to win the first book in this series and sharing your books with us today.

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Jen B. said...

I love to try new authors. I have found so many great authors in blog posts. Thanks for the giveaway.
jepebATverizonDOTnet